The 2013 Helen Free Travel Grant was awarded to Walter Oliveira, Laboratory Manager, University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville, VA.
Applications should contain the following:
- A statement about how attending will help the applicant in his or her work environment;
- A statement as to whether the applicant has submitted an abstract for presentation at the Annual meeting (if so, a copy of the abstract must be included with the application).
- Information about whether other resources are available for the applicant to attend the Annual meeting. Applicant must be able to pay in advance for airfare and other expenses related to travel to the meeting as the award will not be given until arrival at the meeting.
- Contact information for the applicant, such as address, e-mail address, and phone number;
- Information about whether applicant has attended past AACC Annual Meetings;
- Applicant's CV or resume;
- Two letters of support that address the impact your attendance at the meeting will have on your job and in your institution, AND financial need to attend which must be on organizational letterhead.
Submit applications by February 15th to:
Format: Please make sure the documents are in the sequential order listed directly above (under the "How to Apply" Section). Applications will not be considered unless submitted as a single PDF document.
If you still have questions about the Helen Free Travel Award, email April Gascon or call (800) 892-1400 Ext. 1701 or (202) 835-8701