FUNDAMENTALS OF MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Fundamentals of Molecular Pathology certificate program is an online learning program for laboratory professionals who want to improve their knowledge of molecular pathology. The program is composed of nine courses, which can be completed online in 1-4 hours each. Each course contains a lecture, required reading, and quiz, and may include resource materials. There are opportunities for interaction with faculty and other participants using the AACC certificate programs’ dedicated LinkedIn discussion board. You can earn continuing education units for completing the entire program.
To receive the Fundamentals of Molecular Pathology certificate, you must successfully complete all nine courses and the comprehensive final exam before the program end date.
Certificates for the Fundamentals of Molecular Pathology program are awarded monthly and graduates are recognized at the AACC Annual Meeting. In addition, graduates of the program are listed on a register located on the Molecular Pathology Division web site.
The following individuals developed the Fundamentals of Molecular Pathology Certificate Program and contributed to content in this course:
- John Greg Howe, PhD, DABCC, Faculty Chair
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Helen Fernandes, PhD, DABCC
UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston, MA
- Steven Wong, PhD, DABCC, FACB
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Jerry Yeo, PhD, DABCC, FACB
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA
Available for sale: January 1, 2012
Sold Until: December 31, 2012
Program Access Available: January 1, 2012-July 15, 2013
- Nine online courses
- Fee: $275.00 AACC Member/$550 Non-member
- Course Number: 6817
- If you purchase the program over the telephone, the online access information will be emailed within 1 week of enrollment. If you have not received your access information, please contact AACC Customer Service.
- If you purchase the program online, the login information will be on your confirmation page.
- If you purchase the program via mail or fax, please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- Participants can begin their course work on January 1, 2012, but it is not available prior to that date.
Category 1 ACCENT® credit will be offered for each course. AACC is an approved provider of continuing education for clinical laboratory scientists in the states of California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and West Virginia.
This course is sponsored by the AACC Molecular Pathology Division.