OVERVIEW OF POINT OF CARE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
The Overview of Point of Care Certificate Program is an online distance learning program that documents the knowledge and skills necessary for successful practice within point of care and recognizes those individuals who demonstrate mastery of the content. The program is composed of eight courses which can be completed online in 1- 2 hours each. Each course contains a lecture, required reading, and self assessment and may include case studies, practical exercises, and glossary and resource materials. You can earn 13 continuing education units for completing the entire program.
To receive the Overview of Point of Care certificate, you must successfully complete all eight courses and pass a comprehensive multiple-choice examination by the program end date. After completing the coursework, you may apply for the online comprehensive examination by e-mailing the course administrator.
Overview of Point of Care certificates are awarded monthly. Graduates are recognized annually at the AACC Annual Meeting and on the graduate roster.
The following individuals developed and contributed content to the Overview of Point of Care Certificate Program:
- Marcia Zucker, PhD, Faculty Chair
- Marcy Anderson, MS, MT (ASCP)
CLSI, Wayne, PA
- Barbara Goldsmith, PhD, FACB
CLSI, Wayne, PA
- Sheila Coffman, MT(ASCP)
QAS Inc, San Antonio, TX
- Christine Cursio, BS
Toronto Medical Labs, Toronto, Canada
- Corinne Fantz, PhD, DABCC, FACB
Emory Crawford Long Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Pam Green, MBA(HCM) MT(ASCP)
Mayo Clinic, Scottsdale, AZ
- Kerstin Halverson, MS, BA
Children’s Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Angie Hildebrand, MT(ASCP)
Oregon Medical Labs, Portland, OR
- Sharon Norman, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Seattle VA Puget Sound, Seattle, WA
- Elizabeth Porter, BS, MT (ASCP)
Quest Diagnostics, Cincinnati, OH
- Kelly Warnberg, BS, ASCP, NCA
Tricore Reference Labs, Albuquerque, NM
- LouAnn Wyer, MS, MT, ASCP
Sentara Laboratory Services, Norfolk, VA
Open Enrollment: January 1, 2012–December 31, 2012
Course Dates: January 1, 2011–July 15, 2013
- Eight online courses and a comprehensive multiple–choice examination
- Fee: $255.00 AACC Member/$500 Non-member
- Course Number: 6833
- If you purchase the program over the telephone, the online access information will be emailed within 1 week of enrollment. If you have not received your access information, please contact AACC Customer Service.
- If you purchase the program online, the login information will be on your confirmation page.
- If you purchase the program via mail or fax, please allow 2 weeks for processing.
- Participants can begin their course work on January 1, 2012, but it is not available prior to that date.
Category 1 ACCENT® credit is offered for each course. AACC is an approved provider of continuing education for clinical laboratory scientists in the states of California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and West Virginia.
This program is sponsored by the AACC Critical and Point-of-Care Testing Division and is supported by Abbott Point of Care.